A little bit of pumpkin pie? A little bit of cheesecake? YES PLEASE!
It’s that time of year…everything pumpkin. Well I am not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things, but I love this recipe. It’s so rich, creamy, and flavorful. Not only is this Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake delicious, it is visually appealing. With the Fall colored hues and swirls of caramel, it would make a great addition to the dessert table at Thanksgiving!
Cheesecake can be intimidating, but honestly this one is pretty easy. So try it out and let me know how it turns out!
For the crust, grind up the graham crackers in a food processor (I used my small Ninja that I use for smoothies). Then add the rest of the crust ingredients and either pulse or mix by hand. Press into a greased spring-form pan. Refrigerate while continuing to next step.
For the filling, beat room temperature cream cheese in mixer until nice and smooth. Then add the pumpkin, eggs, and egg yolk. Be careful not to over mix. Continue adding the rest of the ingredients in order.
Pour mixture into crust and drizzle caramel on top. With a butter knife, swirl the caramel through the mixture.Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
The cheesecake is done when the center is somewhat firm (not giggly). Run a butter knife around the cheesecake to prevent cracking as the cheesecake cools and set. Let cool then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. ENJOY!!
Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 3 packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs +1 yolk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp caramel topping
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups graham crackers (1 sleeve)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- In food processor, grind up graham crackers. Then add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix together.
- Spray bottom and sides of spring-form pan and press the crust into pan and slightly up the sides. Refrigerate while continuing.
- In stand mixer, beat room temperature cream cheese.
- Then add pumpkin, eggs, yolk, sour cream, sugar, and spices. Mix until blended.
- Add four and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Drizzle caramel on top and swirl into batter using a butter knife.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Let cool then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Then remove from pan.
*Tips: Do not over mix the batter. When removed from oven- run butter knife along edges of pan to prevent cracking when cooling.*