We eat a lot of Mexican inspired food around our house. These Taco Stuffed Shells are aweome. They are just a few ingredients and super easy.
I have made these in the past with beef and taco seasoning (or you could use ground turkey). This time I chose chorizo sausage which already has a lot of flavor.
With just 7 ingredients and about 20 minutes of prep, you have a delicious DIFFERENT dinner.
While cooking pasta shells, dice your pepper and onions. Over medium heat, brown the meat and add the diced veggies and the can of green chilies. Let cook for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
Rinse the shells and let cool for a few minutes . Shut the heat off and stir in 1 cup of cheese to the meat mixture.
Pour salsa onto the bottom of a 9x 13 pan. Spoon mixture into shells and set face down in pan.
Pour the rest of the salsa on top of shells and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or 30 minutes if cooking from the refrigerator.
Taco Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 2 cups shredded mexican/taco cheese
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 package of jumbo shells
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 can green chilies
- Cook shells according to package
- Dice pepper and onion
- In saute pan, brown meat and add the diced veggies and can of chiles.
- Let cook for a few minutes until veggies are soft and fragrant
- Shut heat off and add 1 cup of cheese to meat mixture.
- Pour half of the jar of salsa onto bottom of sprayed 9×13 baking dish
- Spoon mixture into shells and line seem down in pan
- Pour the rest of salsa and cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins until cheese is melted