These Hot Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings have the perfect amount of heat and sweet! Wings are one of our favorites when we go out, but the last few years I have been making them more at home. I used the slow cooker then finished them off in the broiler and they were awesome!
I usually just bake the wings, but using the slow cooker allowed the flavors to soak in. Finishing them off in the oven gave the perfect crisp. You can use any type of hot jelly but I used this Merlot Cherry Habenero Jelly recipe from Having Fun Saving.
If you have never tried hot pepper jelly before, you are missing out! For years we have enjoyed Mike’s uncle’s Cherry Jalepeno Jelly in our burgers, on pork loin, over cream cheese, and on wings! We love it so much that I made a raspberry jelly this past summer with some peppers from our garden and it turned out great. So…buy some or make some jelly and enjoy the heat!!🔥
Start by spraying the slow cooker with non stick spray and then add all the other ingredients! Cook on low about 4 hours. Then transfer to a foil lined baking sheet and mix remaining jelly with some water and coat the wings before putting in the oven. Broil for a few minutes until desired crispyness.
Hot Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs raw chicken wings
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly +more to glaze
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the chicken wings at the joints, trimming any unwanted parts, and discard wing tips.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add chicken wings and the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir everything to toss and combine ingredients.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 3.5 -4 hours.
- Transfer to baking dish and top the wings with a little extra jelly.
- Broil for a few minutes.