Need a quick, easy, and delicious recipe for dinner? This BBQ Chicken Mac comes together in under 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. If you don’t have one you can still make this on the stove or even slow cooker! This dish has tender chicken with a sweet saucy finish.
With just 7 ingredients, you can whip up an awesome hearty dinner. We use our Instant Pot Ultra all the time! A lot of Instant Pot recipes want you to saute the chicken 1st or cook the noodles afterwards. Well I was going for easy and fast for a weeknight dinner so I threw everything in, set the IP to Pressure Cook for 12 minutes…yes-you read that right 12 MINUTES! After you release the pressure, shred the chicken and stir in the cheese. You have tender chicken, perfectly cooked pasta, and a nice tangy sauce…BOOM DONE! This makes quite a bit so I poured half into an aluminum pan to freeze for another dinner! (Freezes well)
Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases made through the links to Amazon.com
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Mac
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 bag Kraft Expertly Paired Cheese, Mozzarella & Cheddar
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop red pepper and onion
- Place all ingredients into IP (except cheese)
- Lock the lid and set to High Pressure Cook for 12 minutes
- Once cooked, quick release pressure, open, and stir
- Using two forks, shred the chicken
- Stir in about 3/4 of the bag of cheese
- Serve in bowl, top with extra cheese and enjoy!
TIPS- If cooking without an Instant Pot, sautee chicken in pan with olive oil. Add peppers, onions, corn, and seasonings. Cook pasta and then add sauce, chicken mixture, and cheese.
*for a more cheesy dish, pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish, top with more cheese and bake until melted.