I wanted to make something besides cookies to hand out for Christmas, so I decided to make this Cinnamon Sugar Bread. There is a ribbon of cinnamon swirled through the center and it is finished with a buttery cinnamon sugar topping.
I wrapped a few mini loaves up in baggies for the neighbors, mail lady, and co-workers. I made a large loaf for us…or I should say for me….which I am enjoying with my coffee as I write this….The ingredients are just staples in your pantry, and you don’t even need to use the mixer. So if you need something quick….here you go!
Cinnamon Sugar Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- For cinnamon ribbon: 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon mixed
- For topping: 1 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp sugar
- Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl (egg,milk,oil)
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well combined.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and pour half the batter in.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon over batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the cinnamon/sugar layer and swirl the batter using a butter knife.
- Top with 1 tbsp melted butter and an additional 1 tsp cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake at 350 for about 40-45 mins until center is cooked.
- Let cool about 10 minutes, run butter knife around edge of pan before releasing.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon & sugar and enjoy!