Do you love a nice creamy, cheesy, delicious hot dip? Then you need to give this Cajun Shrimp Dip a try! I made it for New Year’s Day and served it with both baguette and tortilla chips.
We had some family over for New Year’s Day and we like to put on a nice spread. We never really get to entertain too often because we have a small house.So when we do we go big. We had filets, ham and cheese sliders, my Southwestern Cheesy Potatoes (recipe coming soon), and I even tried my hand at some Bacon Wrapped Scallops. Everything was delicious.
The Cajun Shrimp Dip was a hit and was super easy. Of course I used my Instant Pot Ultra because I love it so much. What is great about it is you can use it to saute, then switch settings to do what you need (slow cook/pressure/keep warm). So I made it in the Instant Pot and then switched it over to Warm mode to serve throughout the day instead of dirtying another pan or crock pot.
You can make it on the stove top as well, whatever works for you. So you start by dicing the shrimp, pepper, and green onion. Turn the Instant Pot to saute and add some olive oil. Once the oil starts sizzling, add the shrimp, pepper, and onion. Cook shrimp to just slightly pink.
Then add water, mayo, and seasonings. Seal the Instant Pot lid and set to Pressure Cook for 5 minutes. Once done cooking, quick release steam and open lid. Then add the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until melted. BOOM DONE…..You could just do it all in saute mode but I figured the Pressure Cooking setting would cook the shrimp fast and infuse the flavors better!! And it did 🙂
Serve it with bread or chips and there you go! Crowd pleasing appetizer done in under 15 minutes!
If you are thinking about buying an Instant Pot Ultra- you should! Click here to check it out on Amazon!
Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, I earn from qualifying purchases made through the links to Amazon.com
Instant Pot Cajun Shrimp Dip
- 8 large raw shrimp peeled, deveined (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 green onions (white bottoms removed)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded Italian blend of cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (more if you like it spicy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dice shrimp, pepper, and onions
- Set I.P. to Saute and heat about 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add shrimp, pepper, and onions and cook until shrimp is slightly pink.
- Add garlic powder, cajun seasoning, water, and mayo and stir.
- Lock the lid of the I.P. and set to pressure cook for 5 mins
- Once timer goes off, manual release pressure and stir in cream cheese and shredded cheeses
- Serve with chips or bread, and ENJOY!
**For stove top preparation, saute shrimp and veggies until shrimp is cooked, then add the rest of the ingredients (using about 1/2 cup water).