Okay so this week here in Michigan we have record low temperatures….TODAY it is NEGATIVE 8 degrees…so I thought a HOT soup was in order. This Beefy Nacho Soup is so easy and so cheesy 😉 that you must give it a try.
This isn’t the healthiest of recipes but I promise you it is tasty! It is one of Mike’s favorites (beef +cheese =soup) and a great way to hide some veggies if needed…You can improvise with things you have in the pantry/fridge too which makes this great. I didn’t have jalapenos so I used some canned peppers that I had from the garden and that worked just fine. You can use a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles too but I opted for some fresh tomatoes and a bell pepper.
I found the original idea for this soup a few years ago on Betty Crocker.com (check it out here). And have loved it ever since with a few modifications!
I made this is the Instant Pot in under 15 minutes, but of course you can make it on the stovetop too.
Dice your tomatoes using a serrated knife….trust me it’s easier. Dice your pepper(s). Turn the Instant Pot to saute and cook the beef and veggies until meat is browned.
Add the milk, Campbell’s Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup, and taco seasoning. Lock and seal the Instant Pot, set to soup setting/pressure cook for 10 minutes. Manual release after done cooking, stir. Top with extra cheese and tortilla chips for a little crunch!
Boom Done….. Beefy Nacho Soup to warm you up this week!
Beefy Nacho Soup
- 4 cups skim milk
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
- 2 roma tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoes)
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- *Optional- 1 jalapeno, tortilla chips & cheese for topping
- Dice pepper(s) and tomatoes.
- Set IP to “Saute” function and add beef and veggies- cook until browned.
- Add 2 cans of soup, milk, and taco seasoning and stir.
- Set IP to “Soup” Function (or pressure cook) for 10 minutes.
- Seal and lock the lid.
- Once done cooking, manual release pressure and unlock lid- stir.
- Serve hot with extra cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Check some of the products for this recipe on Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates Program. I receive a profit on purchases made through these links to Amazon.com at no additional cost to you!