Brownies….chewy little decadent bites of heaven…and they are easier than you think to make. I made these Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Brownies for an early Valentine’s Day treat for Mike (and me). I never realized how easy brownies were to make from scratch until a few years ago and honestly I will never go back to boxed mix again.
Do you ever have a cute plan in your head for a decoration or your finished product but it turns out to be completely different? Well thats what happened here and that’s why I ended up with Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Brownies. I was planning on melting some Wilton pink candy melts but I am pretty sure they were old because they wouldn’t melt right ….kitchen fail. ANYWHO I searched in my baking cupboard to see what I had in instead and found a jar of cherries from a few years ago when I made a black forest cake. These turned out really cute and tasty because the juices from the cherries soak into the brownies for a little extra sweetness!
My brownie recipe is basically butter, flour, cocoa powder, and eggs. SO if you have those things you can whip up these bad boys in a pan on the stove and bake bout 25 minutes. No mixer needed..just melt the butter and add the rest of the ingredients.
After they cool a bit, I just used my thumb to make an indent and set the cherry on top!
Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 (6 oz) jar of Maraschino Cherries
- In pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Then beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Pour into greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 mins.
- Remove from oven ad let cool.
- Cut brownies to desired sizes.Using your thumb or small spoon, make an indent into each brownie and place on cherry in the middle.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy! Be sure to let me know if you make these brownies! Happy Valentine’s Day❤