Do not be intimidated by this recipe because it whips up pretty quickly and if you use a food processor for the crust… it is pretty easy! Start by crushing the chocolate cookies in the food processor and add melted butter. Press into greased 8 in springform pan.
In your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth consistency. Continue to add the Irish Cream Liquor and other ingredients. Beat until smooth texture.
Pour into crust and bake at 350 for about 50-55 minutes until filling is set and not giggly. If you use a water bath, it will help to prevent the cheesecake cracking… you can do this a few ways but I usually just add a dish of water underneath…
Irish Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (about 15 oreos)
- 5 tbsp butter (melted)
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature (2 pkgs)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream Liquor (Bailey’s or similar)
- 2 eggs
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until fine consistency.
- In a medium bowl add cookie crumbs and melted butter and mix.
- Press into bottom of a 8 inch springform pan .
- Bake at 350 for 8 mins and remove from oven.
- In stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth texture.
- Slowly add in Irish Cream Liquor and mix until well combined.
- In order add: sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Once well combined, add eggs one at a time and mix just until incorporated (making sure not to over mix).
- Pour filling into crust and bake at 350 for about 50-55 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven, and using a wet butterknife- run along edges to detach cheesecake from the pan to prevent cracking as it cools and sets.
- Let cool at room temperature at least one hour and transfer to refrigerator.
- Refrigerate at least 3-4 hours before serving.