This might be my new favorite concoction! I made this Spicy Chicken Fajita Pasta when Mike was out of town for myself. IT IS SO GOOD and really easy with just a few ingredients . BONUS-This dish is actually pretty healthy too!!
Mike is a meat and potatoes guy so big chunks of veggies usually don’t fly in our house. SO I was excited to cook something I like and loaded with colors!
This is how EASY this recipe is-Sautee your chicken and veggies. Then add the jar of salsa. Cook pasta according to package, drain, and combine with the chicken mixture-(or spoon on top) BOOM DONE!
I used a Double Fire Roasted salsa, which I think gave it a little extra flavor. Oh- and it was a good batch of jalapenos this time….😅🌶 I liked this so much that I made it again with steak and a basic salsa (and less peppers for Mike). That turned out really tasty too… so feel free to experiment a little! I just never expected salsa to make such a great pasta sauce!
Spicy Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 large), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 Red and 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa (Fire roasted)
- 1 (16 oz) box of pasta (I used Garden Delight Veggie Spaghetti )
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In saute pan, heat olive oil and add chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add peppers and onions and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- While chicken is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Once chicken is cooked throughout, add the jar of salsa and stir.
- Let simmer for a few minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked and drained, add to the chicken mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice! (cheese, hot sauce, sour cream)
*tips– if you don’t want it spicy,skip the jalapeno. If you like it more saucy, use less pasta
Looking for other EASY Mexican inspired dinner recipes? Check out my Green Chile Beef Enchiladas and Enchilada Steak Bake! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Shop these related products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets in a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!