Meat and potatoes…need I say more? This Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle is comfort food at its finest. It is March so I will be sharing a few more Irish recipes for you. Dublin Coddle is probably not heard of much here, but it is basically layers of potatoes, bacon, sausage, and onions. It is a recipe created to use up leftovers (so I’ve read)…
This version of Dublin Coddle is done in the slow cooker and couldn’t be any easier. Dublin Coddle isn’t anything fancy but the flavor is there and it is a warming dish!
Cook your bacon and sausage. Chop everything up, and then layer it in your Crock Pot or slow cooker… Add some beer and water..BOOM DONE!
A Lot of recipes for this dish call for beef stock…I used BEER. And it was tasty. 4 Hours later….
Slow Cooker Dublin Coddle
- 1 lb bacon (1 package)
- 1 lb Beer Brats (or any sausage)
- 1 large onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups sliced potatoes (10 bite sized Honey Golds)
- 1 (12oz) can of Lager ( I used Yuengling)
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dash of parsley
- In large pan, cook the bacon over medium heat, remove.
- Using the same pan, cook the sausage, remove and slice.
- In slow cooker, spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, sausage, bacon, onions, and repeat layers.
- Salt & pepper to taste, add parsley & garlic.
- Pour can of beer over entire dish and add water.
- Cover and slow cook for 3.5-4 hours until potatoes are tender.
*tips- cook the bacon a little crispy because it will become very tender from slow cooking.
Shop these great products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other Slow Cooker meals? Check out my Hot Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings and Pot Roast! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!