I have been trying to make sure that Sofie gets all the right foods throughout the day so that means more cooking and trying new things! I took my pancake recipe and added some healthy stuff to make these Oatmeal Banana Pancakes. They turned out great and I felt good about sharing them with my little mini me.
I replaced half the flour with oats, mashed up some bananas, added some cinnamon and got to flippin. So I wanted to share because I was surprised how good these pancakes turned out. They almost tasted like having banana bread! Next time I think I might even add a few chocolate chips…
Basically put your dry ingredients into one bowl. Then mash up bananas and add the wet ingredients. Then combine the two. As they cook on the griddle the oats cook and soften (which I was surprised about in the short time) .
Just like regular pancakes, flip when the batter starts to bubble! Top with favorite toppings, extra, bananas, syrup, or whatever floats your boat! ENJOY 🙂
Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
Makes about 8 pancakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 banana (mashed)+ 1 for extra topping
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana and add the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until batter forms, breaking up any lumps.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once skillet in hot, pour about 1/3 cup batter to form pancakes.
- Flip once bubbles start to form on batter and bottom is golden brown.
- Let the other side cook until light brown.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with extra bananas, butter, syrup, chocolate chips, whipped cream, or toppings of choice!
Looking for other ways to get your morning started right? Check out my Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie and my Eggs Benedict Casserole! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Shop these related products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!