I hope everyone had a great Easter! Easter weekend is a big weekend for us at the restaurant so I have been busy. So what better way to throw a meal together than in the slow cooker. I made these Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos for a quick meal the other day. Dump the ingredients, shred chicken, then assemble tacos. BOOM DONE. Oh did I mention- just 6 ingredients.
We are coming into the season where we don’t want to turn the oven on and keep the house cool. And if you don’t feel like barbecuing the slow cooker is a great thing to have around.
Add the chicken, lime juice, salsa, cilantro, and chili powder to to your slow cooker. Cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2.5 hours. Once finished cooking shred chicken…like always I use my meat claws
which I absolutely love! If you are avoiding the carbs-This chicken would also be great over a salad!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
Makes about 8 Tacos
- 1.5 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup water
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add chicken then cut lime in half and squeeze over chicken.
- Add chili powder, cilantro, salsa, and water.
- Cover and cook on high 2.5 hours or low 4 to 5 hours.
- Once cooked, shred chicken.
- Assemble tacos in tortillas with toppings of choice (cheese, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, cilantro)
Shop these related products on Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other Slow Cooker meals? Check out my Crock Pot Pot Roast and Hot Pepper Jelly Chicken Wings! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!