Looking for an easy toss in the pot, cook for 12 minutes and be done kind of meal? This Instant Pot Chicken Marinara Rotini is just that! Now that I have to cook for Sofie too I have been using the Instant Pot more often for quick meals. This pasta turned out great for her and for us! Almost like having chicken parmesan but without all the work (and no breading).
All you have to do is cut the chicken thighs, toss everything in the IP, seal & lock the lid, and pressure cook on high 12 minutes! BOOM DONE. I like to use chicken thighs in the Instant Pot because they are a little more tender (and affordable).
Once it is done cooking, manual release the pressure and unlock the lid. Stir and add cheese and cover to let the cheese melt. You can use whatever pasta you want but I used Garden Delight…that way we had veggies in there too 🙂
Let me know if you give this a try! Enjoy 🙂
Instant Pot Chicken Marinara Rotini
Cook time 12 minutes (plus heat/release time)
- 3 cups pasta (dry)
- 1 (24 oz) jar Marinara sauce
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (Italian)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut chicken thighs into 1″ pieces.
- In IP, add olive oil, onions, garlic.
- Then add chicken, seasonings, marinara, pasta, and water.
- Seal and lock the lid.
- Set Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 12 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, manual release the steam, and unlock lid.
- Stir and top with cheese.
- Then cover for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
Shop these related products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other easy Instant Pot recipes? Check out my Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Mac and my Instant Pot Chicken Sloppy Joe Sliders recipes. And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!