Grilling season is upon us (even if the weather isn’t). If you would like an idea besides the norms…try this Grilled Blackened Salmon with Mango Pico De Gallo. Grilling fish is easier than you think and I wish we did it more often!
Every night I have off during the Spring/Summer, we BBQ so honestly I haven’t been seeing too much of the kitchen lately. We have been using our Weber grill and love it! I still do the prepping, marinating, sides, things like that. I wanted to do something different than our usual steaks, brats, burgers… so I grabbed some King Salmon from a mobile fish market and whipped up some pico. The pico is actually super easy I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. All you do is dice onion, tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, mango, and squeeze some lime juice over it! Boom done…fresh healthy addition to your meal.
Then add some blackened seasoning and lime juice to the salmon.
Then cook the Salmon skin side down for a few minutes, then flip and cook a few minutes longer.
Top with the mango Pico De Gallo and enjoy! This Pico de gallo recipe makes a little extra for snacking, too. So if you don’t want extra just cut the recipe in half!
Grilled Blackened Salmon with Mango Pico De Gallo
Mango Pico De Gallo:
- 1 mango (peeled and diced
- 1 limes (juice)
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 jalepeno diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 filets of salmon (1 Lb)
- 1/2 tbsp blackening season
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl combine all pico de gallo ingredients and mix well.
- Refridgerate until ready to use.
- For the salmon, on a piece of foil, drizzle olive oil and lay fish skin side down.
- Sprinkle with the blackening seasoning and add lime juice.
- Once the grill is ready, add salmon skin side down.
- Cook about 6 minutes each side until internal temperature of 145º.
- Top with pico de gallo and enjoy hot!
Don’t Forget to Pin it to Save!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other Summer recipes? Check out my Zesty Baked Beans and No Bake Strawberries N Cream Eclair Cake! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!