Looking for a Summer dessert that will please everyone? Try these Lighter Lemon Bars! These lemon bars have all the zest and tartness that you love with a little less sugar. Every time I make lemon bars, they are a hit and I forgot just how easy they are. SO grab a few staples from the pantry and refrigerator and get to it!
One of my family members is following the Weight Watchers program so I made these for her for our last get together. She loved them and so did the guys 🙂
For the crust, combine flour, brown sugar, and cold pieces of butter. Cut the butter in until the mixture is crumbly. Press into bottom of 9×13 pan. Bake about 20 minutes.
While the crust in baking, make the lemon filling. Zest the lemon and juice them as well. In a bowl whisk the eggs, then add the zest and juice.
Then slowly whisk in the powdered sugar until dissolved. Pour over hot crust.
Bake until filling is set, about 30 minutes. Then let cool and refrigerate until ready to cut and serve.
Lighter Lemon Bars (WW 4 points)
- 8 tbsp. butter (1 stick cold cut into small cubes)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 lemons
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups lemon juice (juice from 3 lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter.
2. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in the cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Press into bottom of 9×13 pan.
4. Bake the crust at 350 for about 20 minutes.
5. In separate bowl whisk eggs.
6. Add lemon juice ,zest, and vanilla.
7. Then slowly whisk in powdered sugar until dissolved.
8. Pour over hot baked crust.
9. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until filling is set
10. Let cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
Don’t Forget to Pin It!
Shop these related products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other Summer dessert ideas?
Check out my No Bake Strawberries N Cream Eclair Cake and my Lemon Meringue Pie Recipes! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!