Have you ever heard of a bubble bake? The first time I did was last year and now love experimenting with them. This Turkey Taco Bubble Bake turned out so flavorful! Flakey biscuits over a taco flavored meat mixture with melty cheese!!! Need I say more?
We kind of needed a break from the BBQ so I made this concoction and so glad I did. Mike even said it was better than my taco lasagna (which is one of our favorites). And actually I was going to make taco lasagna but I had the groceries on the oven as it was preheating..which caused the biscuit can to pop open and shoot the biscuits onto the counter!! 😀🤣 So, instead of refrigerating those I whipped up this dish instead.
Start by cooking the ground turkey with some onion, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Then add a can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos.
In a 9×13 pan, pour in the meat mixture. Then for a little extra heat I did a fresh layer of sliced jalapenos. Then add cubed flakey biscuits.
Sprinkle some cheese and bake. This is a great make a head/freezer meal too!
Top with sour cream, hot sauce, or toppings of choice! Enjoy!!
Turkey Taco Bubble Bake
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 of onion
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1 1.2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can jumbo flakey biscuits (cut into 1 in pieces)
- Optional* 1 jalapeño sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium sauté pan brown ground turkey.
- Add onions and cook until fragrant.
- Add spices and can of diced tomatoes and stir.
- Pour meat mixture into bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Optional* add jalapeño slices to the top.
- Cover with cubed biscuits.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 for about 25-30 minutes until biscuts are golden brown.
Make sure to Pin It!!!! 🙂
Shop these related products on Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Looking for other easy dinner ideas to SPICE up your weeknight dinners like this? Check out my Spicy Chicken Fajita Pasta and my Green Chile Beef Enchiladas! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!