I have a nice cold treat for you guys for these hot Summer days! This Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is so easy with just FIVE ingredients you can have creamy ice cream right at home!
I have been wanting to try to make ice cream at home just to see if I could do it, and I loved this! You DO NOT need an ice cream maker. This comes together in just a few steps with just a few simple ingredients.
It is kind of nice knowing what is going into your sweets and Sofie liked it, too! With the tangy tastes of key lime pie this will be sure to cool you down this Summer and your family will be pleased! This would be fun to make with the kiddos!
All you have to do is whip the heavy whipping cream in your electric stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Then in a separate bowl, zest and juice the lemons and limes.
Then add a can of sweetened condensed milk to juice mixture. Then add the juice mixture to the whipped cream and mix well!
Break up some graham crackers and stir into the mixture. Pour into a lined 8x 8 pan or ice cream container and freeze overnight!
Scoop and serve in a bowl or waffle cone! Enjoy 🙂
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 limes (juice & zest)
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 graham crackers rows ( 4 squares) +plus more for topping
- In an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, zest lemon and limes.
- Then juice the lemon and limes.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to zest/juice mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Slowly add the zest mixture into the whipped cream and mix well.
- Break graham crackers into pieces and add to mixture, stir.
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with wax or parchment paper.
- Pour filling into pan and sprinkle extra graham crackers on top.
- Freeze overnight.
Shop these related products at Amazon.com!
*Stefseatsandsweets is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. I make a profit on purchases made through the links to Amazon.com at no extra cost to you!
Make sure to Pin it!
Looking for other great Summer dessert ideas? Check out my Strawberry Cheesecake Bites and my Strawberries N Cream Eclair Cake! And get all my latest recipes by signing up for emails and following me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
And if you make this, please stop back and let me know how you liked it 🙂